Foul Chimney Odors Entering Your Blue Ash or Montgomery Home? American Chimney Sweep and Masonry Has Solutions
Chimney odors entering your home in Montgomery, Blue Ash, Barwyn Acres, Fairwind Acres, Kenwood Knolls, Kenwood, Glenwood, Remington, Kenridge, Allandale, Rossmoyne, or somewhere else close by? We’ve helped homeowners in these cities and countless areas surrounding – call on us today!
For many homeowners, fireplace or chimney odors have, unfortunately, become just a normal part of their life. But did you know it doesn’t have to be that way? Odors not only make your space more unpleasant to be in, but they can be indicative of poor air quality, too, which impacts the health of those in the home. The good news is, we’re here to help.
What’s Causing My Fireplace Odors?
There are many potential causes of fireplace and chimney odors. Here are a few of the more common ones:
- Your home is too airtight. If your home is well-insulated, this may seem like only a good thing. Unfortunately, it can create some odor issues by encouraging the creosote-related smells in your chimney to circle back down into your home, rather than effectively escape outdoors – especially when your A/C is cranked high.
- There is buildup in your flue. Obviously, the more creosote you have in your flue, the more likely you are to experience foul odors. But this goes for other buildup too, like leaves, animals, nesting materials, and more. As these things accumulate, you’ll be much more likely to experience bad smells.
- You have water leaks. The more access water has to your chimney, the more likely you are to experience foul odors. Not only can water create a musty, unpleasant smell on its own, but when it mixes with creosote or outside materials, things tend to get especially bad.
Chimney Odor Solutions
So, how can these issues be resolved? Many people wind up turning to chemical cleaners, air fresheners, or even heavy glass doors in hopes that these will block or mask odors. Unfortunately, these methods aren’t always effective. Creosote odors, for example, can get into your home’s HVAC system, in which case merely blocking the firebox isn’t going to do you much good.
So, what can be done? First things first, book a chimney cleaning. By simply removing the creosote and debris, you may notice a huge difference in your odor problem.
If water is the issue, then we may need to administer some repair work. Otherwise, we can offer makeup air solutions or do a thorough examination of the system to find what options would be best for you.
If you live on Hopewell Road, Blue Ash Road, Kenwood Road, Cooper Road, Jolain Road, Delray Drive, Monte Drive, Samstone Court, Montgomery Road, Todd Drive, Traverse Court, Remington Road, Blome Road, Plainfield Road, Woodlawn Avenue, Blossom Drive, Floral Avenue, Summit Avenue, Elmcrest Lane, or anywhere else in our service area, don’t suffer foul smells any longer. Call on our techs today.
We Offer Inspections, Masonry Repairs, Installation Services & More
No matter what kinds of chimney or fireplace issues you’re experiencing, we’ve got the tools and knowledge to help. We educate our sweeps based on National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) standards, and we’d love to help you with the following:
- Smoky Chimney Diagnostics
- Chimney Relining
- Smoke Chamber Repair
- Firebox Repair
- Damper Repair & Replacement
- Leaky Chimney Repair
- Masonry Repair
- Gas Appliance Service
- Prefabricated Fireplace Repair
Chimney and fireplace problems only get worse with time. If you live in Miami Grove, Dillionvale, Holiday Acres, Foxhunter Lane, Beechwood, Deer Park, White Oak, Anderson, or anywhere else in the surrounding area, don’t put off the care you deserve – call us 513-662-4600 today.
Phone not handy? Request an appointment with us online, and we’ll be in touch soon!