Gas Logs Are a Great Alternative to Firewood
So, you have a wood-burning fireplace that you love the look of and like the idea of using, but let’s face it – who really has the time?
The ambiance of a crackling wood-burning fire is desired by many, but when you consider the work involved (hauling in wood from outside, getting a fire started, continuously adding logs, dealing with a messy ash pile, etc.)… not many actually have the time or energy for all that.
If this sounds all too familiar, we have a suggestion – switch to gas logs. This doesn’t require any major changes. All that’s different is, instead of burning real wood, you’ll have realistic looking logs that turn on and give you heat with the flip of a switch or push of a button.
Sound like something you’d like? Give us a call now to learn more.
Advantages of Gas Logs
Gas logs offer many advantages to homeowners. These include:
- They’re convenient. One of the main reasons people switch to gas logs is because they’re so much more convenient to use than regular wood. No building up a fire, no tending to it, no worrying about it dying out… just turn it on and you’ve got heat.
- They’re efficient. Burning gas is one of the most efficient ways to pour heat back into your living space. You can also adjust the temperature, allowing you more or less heat as you need it.
- There’s no mess. Because the logs aren’t actually burning, you won’t be left with a messy ash pile to clean up. There’s also no worry about stray sparks and embers.
- They don’t look fake. Gas logs on today’s market look incredibly realistic and they provide strong, bright flames, ensuring you still get that classic and comforting fireplace experience.
- They burn cleaner. Compared to other fuels, gas logs burn a lot cleaner. This can have a significant impact on your indoor air quality, reducing any potential threats to the health of those inside of the home.
- They can be customized. There are so many different styles of gas logs that finding a set personalized to your tastes and preferences won’t be a problem.
- They’re low-maintenance. These are the ideal choice for people with a hectic or crazy lifestyle. Wood-burning options require a lot of maintenance, even outside of the actual fire-burning process. Gas logs require almost no upkeep on the part of the homeowner.
Ready to Switch? Give Us a Call
At American Chimney, we love being able to give our customers options. And if we can find a way to enhance your fireplace experience, then we can rest easy at night knowing we’ve done our jobs. Whether you’re switching to gas logs, upgrading to an insert, purchasing a new stove, or something else, we’d love to be the ones to help you with it.
Our installations crew can help you be confident your electric fireplace is set up right from the very beginning.