We Sell Beautiful & Efficient Wood & Gas Stoves
Need a new heating appliance in your home, and aren’t sure which type to go with?
Why not consider a stove? Most homeowners automatically think of fireplaces or inserts when it comes to heating systems, but we find that, for many, stoves are truly the best option for their setup.
And here at American Chimney, we’d be happy to set you up with the right model for your needs.
Why Choose a Stove?
There are many reasons to invest in a stove for your home, and it’s easy to see why they’re growing in popularity year after year. Some benefits include:
- They prevent cold downdrafts. No drafty fireplaces here! Stoves are known for sealing up tight, ensuring no downdrafts have access to your warm living space when the system isn’t in use.
- They help to improve air quality. Because backdrafting isn’t an issue with a stove, your home’s air quality won’t suffer, either.
- They have high efficiency. The main reason to have a fireplace in your home is to bring in heat. Only… fireplaces don’t always do a great job of this. Stoves, on the other hand, excel when it comes to pouring heat back into your living space.
- They help you save money. Because they’re so efficient, you can easily zone heat and lower your monthly bills. Everyone will stay warm and cozy – without straining your energy payments in the process.
- They have flexible placement options. When it comes to installation, there are a wide range of places you can put your wood stove. Fireplaces and inserts don’t offer that flexibility.
- They look great in your home. Because stoves these days come in a wide range of sizes, colors, and designs, it won’t be a problem finding a good fit for your space. If you’re on the fence, just take a look at your options – you won’t be disappointed!
Which Is Better – Wood or Gas?
We get this question a lot from customers wondering if there’s an ideal fuel type to go with… but there really isn’t a simple answer when it comes to stoves. Both types have their pros and cons, and it often just depends on your own personal preferences. Here’s some info on each to help you make an informed decision.
- Wood: Burning actual firewood is the more traditional and nostalgic approach, and there’s no denying that the smells and sounds are hard to beat. That said, wood-burning is a participating sport. You’ll have to acquire seasoned wood, store it, haul it into your home, and then actually build, light, and maintain your fire throughout the evening. For some, this doesn’t sound appealing at all, but others wouldn’t have it any other way.
- Gas: With gas, you get all the benefits of having a cozy, warm, and beautiful stove, just without all the work involved. For many busy families, the hassle involved with operating a wood-burning system just doesn’t fit in with their lifestyle. Gas options look realistic and are known for their efficiency, so you can enjoy the best of both worlds. No stress and no mess – guaranteed.
No matter which fuel you choose, you’ll always get more efficiency than you would from a standard fireplace. So, go over the benefits (and the setbacks) of each and then determine from there which would best suit your lifestyle. We’ve determined it’s about 50/50 with our customers – some love wood options, while others prefer gas. Either way, you can’t go wrong.